Experienced in ERP Implementation
With over 10 years’ experience of implementing ERP systems Eureka Solutions don’t just understand software development – we understand business needs and incorporate this into our core thinking and development. We listen carefully to understand our customers’ requirements and aim to excel in providing a business system that exceeds your expectations.
- Specialise in understanding business processes
- Vast development experience with over 600 custom projects
- Offering technical advice to provide the best solution
Why work with Eureka Solutions?
Our focus is technical expertise accompanied by a customer focused approach. With bespoke development our mission is to solve our customers’ problems by implementing a first class business solution that meets the needs of their organization. We aim to make doing business simple with our easy to follow development processes and engagement:
What Makes us successful?
Apart from what we believe are essential requirements of technical expertise and customer service, our big differentiator is that we sell, implement and support customised ERP projects. Historically we have been leading partners in the UK for Sage 200 and are the largest Scottish based Sage Business Partner. Now, as a fully authorized NetSuite Solution Provider, we have also been extending our expertise in recent years to deliver tailored Cloud solutions via NetSuite and building a base of NetSuite customization projects, and were awarded NetSuite New Partner of the Year in 2012.
As well as a number of ‘plug-in’ projects for NetSuite we undertake bespoke development and customization projects – not only for our customers but those of other NetSuite partners and consultants. These can vary from small but vital customizations to larger projects covering essential business process amendments.
Lot Number Auto Allocation
Problem: Our client sells food items with expiry date. Specific customers would only buy stock where there was x number of days left before the goods expire, i.e. where the product expires in 90 days or longer. This number of days was different for each customer.
The company must ensure that they don’t supply their customers with products that don’t meet their requirements, which would lead to products being returned, adding costs to the business process and often stock being returned too close to its expiry date to be sold on.
- We extended the customer account record in NetSuite to hold the minimum number of days required before expiry.
- On the sales order we added a tick box for “Auto Allocate”. When this is ticked and the order is saved the system loops through every line on the order checking if it is a Lot (Batch) number. Our development work looks up the customer’s minimum expiry date and then auto allocates where possible any lot numbers that expire beyond the minimum date starting with the closest expiry date.
- This ensures no inventory outwith the customers required shelf life is added to the order.